Friday, August 30, 2013

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

In March, Sam and I decided we needed something to motivate us to be more active. Running a marathon has always been on my bucket list, so we decided, why not!? The most I had run up until that point was six miles, and the most Sam had run was three or four. We knew it was an ambitious goal but felt like it was the best time to start working toward it. My dad and his family have run the St. George Marathon multiple times, so it was an obvious choice for me as to which race we would run. The St. George Marathon is set up with a lottery, so we didn't know if we would get in or not. We entered as a team, so either we would both get in or we both wouldn't. In the meantime, we also registered for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon, just in case we didn't get into St. George. Turns out we got into both! We are still training and working toward the full marathon in October, but we ran the Hobble Creek half two weeks ago. It was honestly so much fun! The course is beautiful and pretty much all slightly down hill. We would both love to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm seriously SO impressed by you guys! I can't even fathom running 13 miles! Let alone 26! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete