Monday, January 28, 2013

Places


Sometimes I go places that just fill me with emotion. Not because I've had any particularly poignant experiences there, or any experiences at all for that matter. I felt that way as I sat in the J Reuben Clark Law School waiting for my dad. I was mindlessly flipping through pictures on instagram, when a wave of emotion overtook me. That feeling of warmth turned my thoughts to my grandpa, Rex Lee. He was the founding dean of the law school I was sitting in, and I felt his love and presence as I sat in that lobby, remembering him and thinking about the legacy he has left behind. I hopped up from where I was sitting and went to snap a picture of the photo of him hanging in the hallway.

Tender moments  like these remind me that life is so much more than the here and now. We are not just here on earth to live and die. We are children of God with the potential to live with Him eternally as families. What a beautiful life this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment