Friday, May 1, 2015

Letters to Claire

May 1, 2015

Dear Claire,

You are 8 months old, and I just cannot believe it! That seems so close to 1 year old to me. Since you are my first, I mostly feel joy and celebrate each milestone you reach without feeling too much sadness for you not being tiny anymore. But sometimes I hold you, and you just seem like more of a little girl than a baby and that tugs at my heart strings a little.

You bring so much joy to me and your daddy every day. You love to say dadadada all day long, and it just melts your daddy's heart. You love him too. You light up with the hugest, cheesiest smile the minute you see him, and if I say, "Where's Daddy?" you immediately start searching for him.

You are so sweet to me lately too. Sometimes when I get you up from your nap you just look at me with so much love in your eyes and occasionally even go in for a sweet, soft little kiss on the lips.

You definitely have a feisty side too. You always try to bite me, and have started biting yourself sometimes too. We'll blame it on teething. :)

Love you so much, little girl!

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment