Friday, September 20, 2013

Sam's 23rd Birthday

Well, I am just sitting in a chemistry lab on this lovely Friday night, waiting for my husband to finish his homework, so I thought I'd blog for a few minutes.

Sam turned 23 on Sunday, and it was a great day! We have 9:00 church, so we had to get going pretty early for a birthday breakfast to happen. German pancakes are easy and yummy, so that's what we had.



These two adore Sam:

After church, we hung out at home for a while and then headed over to Sam's parents' house for dinner. Sam requested cheesy potato soup in bread bowls, salad, and apple spice cake for dessert. It was all so good and really made it feel like fall. I can't believe it's almost October!

We celebrated the next night with my family with dinner and ice cream cake.


I am so grateful for Sam and all he does for me. For his 23rd birthday, here are 23 things I love about Sam:
  1. He is kind. He rarely raises his voice and genuinely cares about others.
  2. He is thoughtful. He leaves me notes and cleans the house without being asked.
  3. He is hardworking and ambitious. He gives everything that he does 100%.
  4. He is smart and has an amazing memory.
  5. He tells me and shows me that he loves me everyday.
  6. He makes our bed almost every morning. I hate making the bed.
  7. He does the dishes after I make dinner even if I don't ask him to.
  8. He locks all the doors at night and makes sure we're safe.
  9. He makes me laugh every day. Intentionally and unintentionally. :)
  10. He laughs with me and goes along with my stupid sense of humor.
  11. He is the best listener.
  12. He is my running partner and motivates me to keep going during long runs. Sometimes he sings out loud to his ipod while he runs.
  13. He finds time to read his scriptures quietly every day.
  14. He is thorough and precise in all that he does.
  15. He is so handsome but doesn't take much time worrying about his appearance.
  16. He makes going to the temple together a priority.
  17. He knows how to make me feel better when I'm sad or discouraged.
  18. He sings really loud in the shower, every thing from Cold Play to Les Mis, and has a really good voice.
  19. He sometimes takes off just one sock while studying. I find lone socks by the couch or the desk.
  20. He calls me sweetheart.
  21. He kisses my forehead when he drops me off at work, especially when I have lipgloss on that he doesn't want to get on his lips.
  22. He helps me to be a better person and sees the best in me even when I don't deserve it.
  23. He is humble and always striving to improve himself.
So grateful to have him as my husband and best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment